On Thursday, June 21, 2018, the City of Madison hosts an annual music celebration called Make Music Madison. Middleton Jazz will be participating in this event with a 6:00 p.m. performance at Hoyt Park, 3902 Regent Street, Madison, WI. We will be in a shelter and it should be a perfect night to bring a picnic dinner and enjoy music in the park. Following Middleton Jazz will be two excellent big bands from Madison College playing until 9:00 p.m.
Many of our musicians can be found playing in other venues throughout the day on Wednesday as well. Check out the schedule in the current issue of Isthmus, or on-line at http://www.makemusicmadison.org/.
Because of our members’ involvement in Make Music Madison, Middleton Jazz will not rehearse the morning of June 21, 2018. Please come and see us in Hoyt Park Thursday evening!
If you’d like to drop in on one of our rehearsals, please note that we have moved our start time up 30 minutes to 9:00 a.m., and we will finish by 11:00 a.m.
On February 2nd, Middleton Jazz performed at All Saints Main Street Apartments. It was a bright and open venue with good acoustics, and the audience was terrific! The piano was in the center of the room, so the audience got to see and hear Bruce better than ever before. Thanks to Debbie Trexel for the photos here and in the Photo Gallery.
We were delighted to be back at the Stoughton Opera House as part of the Stoughton Area Senior Center’s Music Appreciation Series. There were 86 people in attendance, and we enjoyed the lively acoustics of the hall and the warm reception. Enjoy the video samples below and the images in the Photo Gallery.
On September 8th we were honored to be part of the Strollin’ Middleton 2017 event sponsored by the Greater Madison Jazz Consortium and the Middleton Community Development Authority. Our preparation was covered by the Middleton Times-Tribune and the event itself was very well attended. Thanks to Craig Mason and Debbie Trexel for the photos.
We have several performances booked for the remainder of the year, many of them open to the public. Please note that we will not rehearse at our usual time on August 10th due to the performance that afternoon.
- Thursday, August 10, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., at The Jefferson, 9401 Old Sauk Rd, Middleton, WI
- Friday, September 8, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m., Strolling Middleton, Middleton Senior Center
- Saturday, September 23, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., at The Jefferson, 9401 Old Sauk Rd, Middleton, WI
- Monday, October 9, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m., at the Stoughton Opera House, 333 W Main St, Madison, WI
- Friday, October 20, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m., at Oakwood Village, 6205 Mineral Point Road, Madison, WI
- Saturday, November 18, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., at The Jefferson, 9401 Old Sauk Rd, Middleton, WI
- Saturday, December 16, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., at The Jefferson, 9401 Old Sauk Rd, Middleton, WI
We were delighted to return to Capitol Lakes for a Saturday evening performance on July 15, 2017. We had a great turnout, the audience was very appreciative, and we enjoyed a reception in the Encore Room afterward. The videos of “Sugar Blues” and “Iko Iko” below were from that wonderful evening.